Your Existing Machines Can MAKE You Money!
Do any of these symptoms sound familiar?
- Revision control. What happens when the customer sends a revision? How painful is it to update the CAM file? Are you sure they are using the correct G code out on the machine?
- Uncertainty. Are you using your machine tools to prove out programs? Didn’t you buy those to make parts? Why does it take so long to get new projects going?
- What the hell are they doing out there? Your programmer isn’t programming, your inspector isn’t inspecting, and your operator isn’t operating. They’re all standing at the machine tool trying to figure out where in the process the problem lies. Oh, also, your machine tool isn’t doing anything either.
- How much time do your programmers actually spend programming? Are they duplicating information for travelers because the CAM system can’t output the correct data? Are they hand editing code because the post processors are wrong? Are they involved in iterative solutions because they don’t really have a handle on things?
- Are red tag parts constantly coming back from inspection to be re-cut because of dimensional problems? Why can’t the process create consistently good parts?
A new machine won't solve the above symptoms but new tools will and Acuity can help by implementing Siemens NX CAM in your shop. NX CAM provides the tools necessary to control your shop processes.
- When a revision arrives, we have the workflow nailed.
- We’ll implement virtual simulation machines to match the machines you operate. Test your program in a virtual environment, send it to the shop floor with confidence.
- Process information. NX knows your process. We’ll generate the reports needed for your shop floor. When a process question comes up, the information to answer that question is in NX.
- Our post processors are correct. No hand editing. No cut and paste. We’ll handle complex tilted working plane commands, probing, custom cycles, bent trunnions, anything you can throw at us.
- Training. We’ll make sure your programmers are productive in NX. We teach the latest techniques, and we make them relative to your business model.