The Sunseeker brand encompasses boats ranging from 40 feet to a stunning 155 feet in length. Through attention to detail, use of advanced composites and the application of technology, the company continues to make refinements and expand its product line. The design team is typically developing four new or refreshed models each year, and has been using NX™ software and Teamcenter® software from product lifecycle management (PLM) specialist Siemens PLM Software for more than a decade.
- Maintain quality
- Continue to innovate
- Improve manufacturing speed as product line grows
- Integrated CAD/CAM capability
- Fully detailed design phase
- Eliminated two stages of the design cycle
- Quicker customer decision-making and approval
- Accelerated development of new models through re-use of parts
- More than twice as much design detail captured in drawings
- Streamlined procurement and optimized stocking
- 100 percent increase in production rate, from two models per year to an average of four per year
IN THEIR OWN WORDS
A boat is a very, very complicated product, but I can find no limitation with NX. There is nothing I cannot do using NX and we are noticing that naval architecture software is being developed to integrate with it. Every release of NX provides a new arena in which it is quicker or easier to do something.
-Ewan Foster, Director of
It is extremely easy to locate parts with Teamcenter for re-use or resizing.
-Luke Stride, Design Office Manager & Principal Design Engineer