Following the completion of the first contract for the supply of 72 buses to the municipal transport operator in Poznań, Solaris soon became the leader of the Polish low-floor city bus market and launched its products in foreign markets. The combination of the company owners’ vision and experience with the enthusiasm of a young crew resulted in excellent organization and working conditions that fostered continued success.
Today, Solaris is one of Europe‘s leading manufacturers of modern city transport vehicles. Its four factories situated in the Greater Poland region employ more than 2,300 staff, with 500 additional employees working at foreign locations.
One of the company‘s key business objectives is to develop state-of-the-art technologies that support increasingly greater levels of safety for drivers and passengers alike, while minimizing the adverse environmental impact of municipal transport vehicles.
- Continuous innovation
- Developing technologies for greater safety and less environmental impact
- Dynamic growth
- Expanding international presence
- Vision, experience and enthusiasm
- Use of leading-edge IT solutions
- Implementation of NX and Teamcenter
- Faster development and higher quality
- Simplified modeling and editing of complex designs
- Improved collaboration and concurrent engineering
- Engineering data used throughout the company’s operations
In Their Own Words:
Siemens solutions have greatly facilitated our work, especially in configuring a vehicle for the needs of a specific contract.
- Lukasz Baranowski, Senior Designer
The key advantage of NX is that it dynamically accelerates the design process. It is a tool that makes our concepts and ideas a reality in a simple way. We would probably achieve similar results by using traditional methods, but this would obviously extend the completion time, and would involve the effort or more people.
- Tomasz Broniarczyk, Deputy Director for Production